Cornerstone onDemand Lead Software Engineer - DevOps & Build/Release (Santa Monica, CA) in Santa Monica, California
We're looking for a
Lead Software Engineer - DevOps & Build/Release (Santa Monica, CA)
As a key member of the DevOps, Build & Release Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for the execution and delivery of high quality, modern software within an agile environment. The right candidate will be intelligent, able to learn quickly, a team player, achievement focused, meticulous in detail, flexible and innovative in their approach to tackling varied testing challenges, and will always strive to improve the quality of their team. This individual will view himself/herself as a true professional in the software field.
Success in this role will provide a host of additional opportunities for technical and professional growth.
Cornerstone is a global SaaS provider that services thousands of enterprise customers around the world supporting a 30 million+ user base and growing. We see this as an exciting opportunity for someone who is an expert in the industry, a programming guru, have been successfully implementing a working CI & CD solution, believe in automation, and a leader of Engineers.
In this role, you will…
- Lead a team of software engineers in the DevOps/Build/Release group
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Quickly become an expert on the product architecture and workflows
- Drive architectural changes (microservices, AWS, containerization, etc.)
- Provide production support and troubleshooting
- Setup goals, review progress and discuss career advancement with team members
- Communicate issues or project details effectively with direct reports, peers and managers
- Perform other software development and management-related duties
- Enable Dev, QA and Ops to build and deploy our applications from code to production and internal environments using our infrastructure
- Architect and build software tools to improve throughput and work-efficiency for Dev, QA, and Ops
- Work with your team members and peer groups to deploy continuous deployments, continuous integration, automate machine provisioning and compliance work in a fast-paced SaaS environment, guaranteeing uptime levels that exceed 99.9%+
- Standardize, automate and document setup of development and production environments
- Conduct code-merges, deploy code to internal & external systems
- Own and drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools, and processes
- Help define best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing and release management
- Collaborate with peers on work estimation/planning and implementation of new versions/features of tools
- Bring new automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts
You’ve Got What It Takes If You Have…
- 2+ years of experience managing teams of developers
- Excellent Software Engineering skills in: Python, C#, or equivalent
- Experience developing Microservices, RESTful services, or other SOA development experience
- In-depth automation experience using configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Packer, and Docker
- Must have a balance of development and operations skillsets
- Proven experience architecting infrastructure in AWS using native tools such as CloudFormation and ECS
- Experience with CI systems, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, or Team City
- Solid experience with Linux and Windows; OS, networking, sysadmin
- Experience in scripting with Bash or PowerShell
- Strong Database skills (Relational, Document, Key-Value, Graph, etc.)
- Proven experience in implementation of CI and CD in a SaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work toward task completion
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 35 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on,,, and!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at.
Send to a Friend
Email this Job Ad to your friend(s) by adding their email address(es) along with your details to the field below:
*Separate each recipient email address with a comma.
Recipient email address(es):
Your First Name:
Your Last Name:
Select which language the email should be sent in.
Not sure which position to apply for?Cornerstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.