Cornerstone onDemand AVP, Information Systems (Santa Monica, CA) in Santa Monica, California
We're looking for a
AVP, Information Systems (Santa Monica, CA)
The AVP of Information Systems is responsible for developing and managing information technology, systems, and communications to enable company to meet enterprise business goals.
The AVP of Information Systems reports to the Head of Business Operations and is a key part of our leadership team. He/She will lead a global team of 25+ team members to support a workforce of over 1,800 employees with 25 offices worldwide. This Leader will provide strategic direction and oversight of global Information Systems team and work collaboratively with senior leaders across the Company to support the Company’s IT and business plans. The position is based (preferably) in Santa Monica, California.
The AVP of Information Systems will work directly with the leadership team on initiatives related to business applications, technology, equipment, software, IT security/disaster recovery and partnership with vendors.
In this role you will…
- Function as a strategic advisor and leader to CFO and senior management team on all ITC issues
- Establish the IT department’s operative goals and objectives and develop an approach to be a world class IT organization
- Establish world class enterprise data team to drive highest standards in data architecture, strategy, and governance team as foundation for business intelligence (BI)
- Establish data architecture strategy and ensure data quality through Master Data Management (MDM)
- Develop and lead the implementation of enterprise governance policies and standardized operating policies and procedures
- Manage global technology and business application ecosystem (including P&L) to ensure efficient and effective use of systems across the Company
- Review current IT ecosystem and recommend best-in-class solutions including revised business processes to achieve the Company’s business, financial and IT goals
- Establish information architecture strategy for structure of systems (ERP, CRM, etc.) to translate data into valuable insights
- Lead the global Corporate IT Support & Service Desk providing senior leadership in the development and support of critical corporate IT initiatives
- Create and implement technology solutions that will enhance organizational innovation, productivity, and efficiency
- Ensure highest standards of security & compliance through Corporate IT deployment
- Supervise and recruit global IT team
You have what it takes if you…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience with increasing responsibilities for the management and support of enterprise-wide information systems and information technology
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience at Enterprise scale of $1B+ annual revenue or greater
- Experience leading transformational IT initiatives in complex environments
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for enterprise architecture, data management, data management, helpdesk, and disaster recovery
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to prepare and explain highly technical plans and reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to drive organizational change and build capabilities that effectively balance the needs between operational efficiency and delivering innovative, agile IT solutions
- Managed vendor management, software licensing, maintenance agreements, and professional services support
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an IT vision that inspires and motivates IT staff and aligns to the business strategy
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business at Enterprise scale
- IT Governance Frameworks such as COBIT, ITIL, SOC 1/SSAE 18, ATA 101 SOC 2, PCI-DSS
- Experience with cyber security concepts and overall security regulations (SOX, ISO 27001, SSAE16, FedRAMP, etc.)
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
- MBA or Advanced Technical Management degree
- Business Systems exposure – Salesforce, Apttus, NetSuite, Oracle, Anaplan, Gainsight, Marketo, LinkedIn, Boomi, Microsoft Office, JIRA, ZENDESK, SERVICENOW
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 35 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on,,, and!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at.
Send to a Friend
Email this Job Ad to your friend(s) by adding their email address(es) along with your details to the field below:
*Separate each recipient email address with a comma.
Recipient email address(es):
Your First Name:
Your Last Name:
Select which language the email should be sent in.
Not sure which position to apply for?Cornerstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.