The Salvation Army Sales Associate/ Clerk in Oxnard, California
03130 Store#6 Sales Associate 3/14
Sales Associate/ Clerk
JOB TITLE: SALES ASSOCIATE
PAY RATE: MINIMUM WAGE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: STORE MANAGERS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sell and process merchandise in accordance with Salvation Army policy.
Perform duties as assigned by Store Managers:
b) Running POS
d) Marking down
e) Ragging out
Greet all customers and donors and give prompt, courteous assistance to customers and donors.
Assists in the maintenance of the store to keep it neat, clean and organized.
Maintains assigned department within the store.
Maintain safety standards and report any hazards/problems to the managers.
Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by your supervisors.
Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, protect qualified individuals from discrimination on the basis of disability in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other
aspects of employment. Disability discrimination includes not making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee, barring undue hardship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by
the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.
The Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212, prohibits job discrimination and requires affirmative action to employ and advance in employment disabled veterans, recently separated veterans (within three years of
discharge or release from active duty), other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veterans (veterans who, while on active duty,
participated in a U.S. military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded).
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register.
• Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
• Willing to work Saturdays
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
• Ability to operate a telephone
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41