SMG Prep Cook in Los Angeles, California
POSITION: Prep Cook
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Prep Cook for SMG/The Greek Theatre. Responsible for -- working in the kitchen and/or in concessions preparing food items for the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service.
- Properly labels and dates food items for storage.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products to assure a smooth service period.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions.
- Perform opening, side and closing duties according to specified standards
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times.coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas.
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be 18 to apply. Received High school diploma or GED;
- Must have current ServeSafe certification.
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform the work.
- At least (1) year experience in a food service preparing meals.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to produce quality food in a fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude, customer service oriented.
- Good work ethic
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions other than loud sound for some events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. to the waist.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- [Link to job posting in RM]
SMG / The Greek Theatre
2700 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (323) 606-8441.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled