SMG Dishwasher in Los Angeles, California
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Dishwasher for SMG/Facility Name. Responsible for -- maintaining the kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils in a clean and orderly condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains sanitary, safe work environment.
- Maintains clean dry floors and walls
- Sweeping and mopping.
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwasher.
- Washes pots, pans trays, worktables, walls, ranges, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers. Hoses out or steam cleans garbage cans. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Sets up, maintains and works the dishwashing stations at events. Keeps all china, glass, and silver in place and in order.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Irregular hours are required due to this being an event based operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must be 18 to apply. Received High school diploma or GED
Skills and Abilities
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform the work
- Employee must be clean and neat in appearance.
- Ability to walk freely up and down steps.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work part-time evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions other than loud sound for some events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. to the waist.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- [Link to job posting in RM]
SMG / The Greek Theatre
2700 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (323) 606-8441.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled