University of Southern California Physical Therapy Aide I - Physical Therapy - Per Diem 8 Hour Days in Glendale, California
Physical Therapy Aide I - Physical Therapy - Per Diem 8 Hour DaysApplyPhysical TherapyGlendale, California
MAJOR FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Assists the Physical Therapist in treating patients: this may involve the applications of heat, cold, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, JOBST compression, whirlpool, massage or monitoring an established exercise program. The aide will be able to demonstrate competency in the utilization of all modalities and to understand their precautions and contraindications.
Follows all safety procedures as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Maintains the patient’s rights (for privacy, informed consent, confidentiality, right to refuse treatments, etc as outlined in the Patient's Rights Policy).
Maintains a safe environment.
Works with the team to promote the highest quality patient care possible.
Demonstrates the ability to distinguish situations requiring a Physical Therapist’s attention and intervention both through verbal testing and actual practice during the first 30 days of employment.
Obtains information in order to have a current knowledge base for the child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population; attends 1 inservice per month (within the department) applicable to their job duties.
After receiving training, will be able pass the CPR written test and practical demonstration.
Assists a PT Coordinator or the PMR Director as requested within the scope of their capabilities.
Able to write accurate daily treatment notes.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of the science behind modalities utilized.
Able to perform all basic duties to the satisfaction of a PT Coordinator according to the job’s performance appraisal.
Insures that the equipment and the work areas are in an orderly, clean condition:
sets up treatment areas,
cleans hydrotherapy tanks following department procedures,
cleans equipment as necessary,
reports any unsafe equipment and / or condition.
Learns to assist with basic receptionist tasks:
answers the telephone,
transfers telephone calls to other departments,
understands the use of office equipment,
greets patients, notifies therapists of their arrival and directs them to the appropriate area
understands all areas of the hospital at a basic level to assist patients.
• Be able to follow oral and written instructions in English and to effectively communicate with patients, Physical Therapists and other departments within the hospital.
• Be able to relate to supervising therapist any problems with patients, department operations or problems from other areas.
• Capable of reading the policy and procedure manual and understanding the information that relates to listed job duties as well as general information available for all employees of the hospital.
• Capable of demonstrating compliance with safety, hazardous waste and infection control procedures.
• Utilizes proper body mechanics with patients in order to prevent injury to the patient or to self.
• Capable of working assigned shifts, overtime when approved and weekends if requested.
• Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures, including annual updates of emergency procedures
• Minimum of one year experience in a Physical Therapy Department working in an aide position, utilizing modalities as indicated in the Major Functions, Duties and Responsibilities area.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Further education relative to the health sciences preferred.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20057204 Posted Date: 03/13/2018